How To Install Google Play & Google Apps on Nokia X
Nokia has done a good job bringing an Android phone in the market named Nokia X. Though being an android phone it lacks Google services including Google Play. I sometimes wonder why Nokia played like this. How long will they go forward with their idea of not including Google Services in their Android Phones.
But with the help of a developer named Kasha Malaga, now we can install Google Play and other Google Services on the Nokia X. But before moving on, I need to tell you that for installing Google Play on Nokia X, the device should be rooted.
For Rooting Nokia X v10.0.3 Click Here.
For Rooting Nokia X v11.1.1 Click Here
So now that you might have rooted your Nokia X, we will continue the procedure for installing Google Play and other Google Apps.
- See the video here for better understanding of the tutorial.
- You will need a File Manager (Root Explorer) for copying the files to the system>apps of the device. We used root explorer
- Download 2 files. One will install Google Services including Google Play and second will install other Google Apps like Google Maps, etc.
- Download File One here (NokiaX_Gapps_KashaMalaga)
- Now extract file One and copy the whole folder to the device phone storage. You need not to install the apk from this folder
- Now go to your phone and open Root Explorer. Copy the files from the folder which you just copied to your device to System > App
- Reboot the device.
- That’s it. You have successfully installed Google Play and other Google Services on the device. Note: You might have to wait a few minutes until Google Play app shows up on the Device. So don’t worry of it doesn’t show up immediately on Device Startup
- Now for installing other Google Apps on Nokia X.
- Download File Two here (NokiaX_SomeGoogleApps)
- Extract File Two and install the apk in it on the device one by one. Of course you will only need to install the app which you need.
If you are finding the above procedure hard to digest, see the video here