How To Root Samsung Galaxy E5 – SME500F SME500H SME500M
So you have bought yourself Samsung Galaxy E5 and you can’t resist rooting it, then you have come to the right place. I will show you how to Root Samsung Galaxy E5 in an easy detailed way. This procedure is for rooting Samsung Galaxy E5 which is running on Android version 4.4.4 (Android KitKat). Bookmark this page so that when the update for Samsung Galaxy E5 becomes available I’ll post the tutorial about rooting that version.
This rooting is seemless as compared to previous rooting of other devices which needed lots of files to be downloaded and many steps and what not. So relax. Rooting this device is a piece of cake.
Before getting started:
- It is very important to backup your personal data of the device using appropriate tools. If anything untoward happens during the rooting process, the data may get lost and you can use the backed up data to restore it.
- Make sure that your device has a minimum of 50% charge left in the battery before proceeding forward with the rooting process.
- Deactivate or uninstall antivirus applications on the device.
Rooting Samsung Galaxy E5
1) First of all download CF Auto Root file according to the Samsung Galaxy E5 model given below:
Once downloaded, extract the zip file in your computer. The zip file contains Odin also. If it is not present in the zip file, download Odin from the website.
2) If the above downloaded file didn’t contain Odin then download it from Odin.
3) You will need to download USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy E5 as it is needed for rooting the device. There are two ways of installing drivers for the device. One is Samsung Kies and other is the installation file of only Drivers. If you don’t want to install the full fledged software of Samsung Kies you can opt for installing only drivers. After downloading the file, install it on your pc. The link for downloading the drivers is here. Download here the Samsung Galaxy E5 USB drivers.
4) Enable USB Debugging mode in your Samsung smartphone. Go to Settings > About Device > Tap on Build Number many times. This will activate the Developer Mode on the device. Then go to Settings > Developer Options > Check USB Debugging
5) Now run Odin as an administrator.(Right click on Odin and run as Administrator).
6) Power off your Samsung smartphone and boot it in the Download mode by pressing the Volume Down, Power & Home Buttons simultaneously for few seconds. Release the buttons only when the phone starts in Download Mode. Once it boots in the Download mode, connect it to the pc using the data cable provided with the device or any other data cable.
7) Open the Odin and there you will see blue coloured COM port. It can be of any number. If the device doesn’t show up, disconnect the device, reinstall USB drivers and then reconnect the device.
8) Next, click on the PDA button in Odin and choose the .tar.md5 file from the extracted file. Check F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot in Odin.
9) Press “Start” to begin the rooting process.
10) After the process finishes the device will automatically reboot and the Odin will show PASS message after the device gets started up and still connected to the pc.
That’s it. You have successfully rooting Samsung Galaxy E5. You can confirm the root status of the device using Root Checker app from Google Play Store.